Industrial Safety and Health Certificate
- Program Requirements
- Why Choose a Certificate?
Program AdministratorContact for program-related questions Georgia Tech OTI Education Center
Industrial Safety and Health Certificate
Increase your intelligence for keeping your co-workers and company safe with our Industrial Safety and Health certificate. You’ll gain an understanding of OSHA regulations, industrial hygiene, machine safety, and more.
- Certificates must be completed within 6 years; courses completed more than 6 years ago may not be applied toward certificate.
- All courses applied to a certificate program must be taken from Georgia Tech.
- This certificate does not require an application.
Your path to achievement is easy! Most certificate courses are offered in classroom locations around the U.S. You can also inquire about training at your location.
- Course load determines the cost of a certificate program.
- Calculate your total by identifying the courses needed and tallying individual course fees. Some programs offer discounts for course bundling.
- Select a certificate program, review the requirements, and determine your timeline for completion.
- Add courses to your shopping cart for purchase as you are ready to take them, or as a bundle if desired.
- Proceed to checkout to complete your registration. We accept multiple forms of payment including credit card, purchase order, a private loan (upon request), and VA benefits for certain programs.
- Certificates must be completed within six years.
- After successful completion of most individual courses, a Certificate of Course Completion will be sent.
- After successful completion of all required courses, request a transcript and program certificate audit.
- Upon verification, GTPE will email your transcript and mail your Certificate of Program Completion. Some programs host a certificate award ceremony during the final course.
Once you earn your Georgia Tech Program Certificate, tout your success on your resume and LinkedIn profile, share with your employer, and celebrate an important career growth achievement!
Why Choose a Certificate?
Professional Certificates are ideal for developing new skills and building deep expertise in a specialized area to update your professional profile, advance your career, or broaden your knowledge base.
Certificates are an “anytime” credential
Start anytime - after graduation or later in your career - and gain deeper know-how in a specific area without the commitment to a degree.
Certificates demonstrate commitment
The dedication of time to earn a certificate demonstrates that you are committed to achieving a higher standard of professional knowledge in your industry.
Certificates provide immediate “ROE”
Georgia Tech learners master real-world skills and apply them to their career the day after completion.
Certificates stand out on your resume
A Georgia Tech credential carries the professional weight to give you a competitive edge.
Who Should Attend
This certificate is designed for supervisors, foremen, industrial hygienists, safety and environmental health professionals, as well as workers involved in logistics, landscaping, food processing, engineering, and human resources.
How You Will Benefit
- Increase safety and reduce injuries of your co-workers.
- Learn how to reduce hazards.
- Boost business by having an effective safety program.
- Develop your understanding of OSHA regulations, guidance documents, regulatory interpretations, and the 1920 general industry code.
Grow Your Professional Network
Taught by Experts in the Field
Understand industrial hygiene practices along with OSHA regulations and procedures. You’ll learn about OSHA health standards, respiratory protection, exposure limits, engineering controls, hazard communication, hearing protections, and other related topics. You’ll practice using scenarios to…View Course Details »
Nov 6, 2023 - Nov 10, 2023Register By Nov 3, 2023Atlanta, GA$965
Mar 25, 2024 - Mar 29, 2024Register By Mar 22, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Nov 4, 2024 - Nov 8, 2024Register By Nov 1, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Become familiar with a variety of commonly used machinery, relevant safety standards, and machine guarding methods. Learn the hazards associated with various machinery and how to control hazardous energy sources (lockout/tagout). Apply hazard recognition concepts on a site inspection at an…View Course Details »
Oct 31, 2023 - Nov 3, 2023Register By Oct 27, 2023Savannah, GA$965
Apr 15, 2024 - Apr 19, 2024Register By Apr 12, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Sep 16, 2024 - Sep 20, 2024Register By Sep 13, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Learn how to become an outreach trainer capable of teaching both 10- and 30-hour general industry courses. You’ll understand your rights and responsibilities under the OSHA Act and be able to carry out the OSHA provisions provided by several instructors from different industries in both the…View Course Details »
Nov 13, 2023 - Nov 17, 2023Register By Nov 6, 2023Atlanta, GA$965
Feb 12, 2024 - Feb 16, 2024Register By Feb 9, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Apr 8, 2024 - Apr 12, 2024Register By Apr 1, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
May 13, 2024 - May 21, 2024Register By May 6, 2024Online$965
Jul 23, 2024 - Jul 26, 2024Register By Jul 18, 2024Savannah, GA$965
Sep 9, 2024 - Sep 13, 2024Register By Sep 2, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Nov 11, 2024 - Nov 19, 2024Register By Nov 4, 2024Online$965
Brush up on the latest OSHA standards and interpretations, Outreach Trainer Program Requirements, and safety and health topics in order to maintain your OSHA Authorized Outreach General Industry trainer status. To remain authorized, this course must be taken every four years prior to trainer…View Course Details »
Oct 2, 2023 - Oct 6, 2023Register By Sep 30, 2023Online$720
Oct 31, 2023 - Nov 2, 2023Register By Oct 24, 2023Atlanta, GA$720
Dec 4, 2023 - Dec 8, 2023Register By Nov 28, 2023Online$720
Jan 9, 2024 - Jan 11, 2024Register By Jan 3, 2024Atlanta, GA$720
Feb 5, 2024 - Feb 9, 2024Register By Feb 2, 2024Online$720
Mar 5, 2024 - Mar 7, 2024Register By Feb 29, 2024Savannah, GA$720
Jun 11, 2024 - Jun 13, 2024Register By Jun 4, 2024Atlanta, GA$720
Jul 8, 2024 - Jul 12, 2024Register By Jul 1, 2024Online$720
Aug 27, 2024 - Aug 29, 2024Register By Aug 20, 2024Atlanta, GA$720
Oct 1, 2024 - Oct 3, 2024Register By Oct 1, 2024Atlanta, GA$720
Oct 28, 2024 - Nov 1, 2024Register By Oct 21, 2024Online$720
Dec 9, 2024 - Dec 13, 2024Register By Dec 2, 2024Online$720
Become familiar with OSHA general industry safety and health standards along with general industry safety and health principles. You’ll get a special focus on the most hazardous areas. This course is a prerequisite to OTI 0501P - OSHA 501: Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health…View Course Details »
Oct 16, 2023 - Oct 20, 2023Register By Oct 13, 2023Atlanta, GA$965
Nov 27, 2023 - Dec 5, 2023Register By Nov 20, 2023Online$965
Jan 22, 2024 - Jan 26, 2024Register By Jan 18, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Feb 26, 2024 - Mar 1, 2024Register By Feb 23, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Apr 23, 2024 - Apr 26, 2024Register By Apr 18, 2024Savannah, GA$965
Jun 3, 2024 - Jun 7, 2024Register By May 31, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Aug 5, 2024 - Aug 9, 2024Register By Aug 2, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Oct 7, 2024 - Oct 15, 2024Register By Oct 1, 2024Online$965
Dec 2, 2024 - Dec 6, 2024Register By Nov 29, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Develop your skills for recognizing basic safety and health hazards in the workplace in our course on Collateral Duty for Other Federal Agencies. You’ll learn about the OSHA Act, 29 CFR 1910 on workplace safety, 29 CFR 1960 on accident investigation, and Executive Order 12196 on federal…View Course Details »
Aug 20, 2024 - Aug 23, 2024Register By Aug 16, 2024Atlanta, GA$495